The real-time teleconsultation platform
In order to conduct a real-time consultation, you will need the following components: An EVA System at the point-of-care A provider trained on how to use the EVA System An administrator or assistant that would be able to assist the point of care provider setting up the real-time session with the expert (recommended) An expert available to provide real-time consultation from their own computer or tablet
In the following steps we will cover:
1. How to schedule a meeting with Zoom through the EVA Device or a web browser
2. How to start and conduct a real-time consultation through the EVA System
How to schedule a meeting
In order for the mentor to connect to the examination s/he will need the necessary information log-in information. This information can be provided ahead of time, if you schedule an appointment for a mentored session, or on an ad-hoc basis.
1. Confirm the availability of the mentor, mentee and patient
2. Scheduling System
3. Dial-in information from zoom.
Regarding availability, we recommend days/times that the mentor would be available to guide mentees and schedule relevant accordingly. Every session can be expected to take 30-60 minutes in the beginning, and then 15-30 minutes as the mentee advances.
We will not cover here setting up a scheduling system, as that is assumed to exist in your program already.
Click on the relevant tabs below to learn how to schedule through the different mediums.
2. Click on the Schedule icon.
3. This will open the scheduler window.
4. Select your meeting settings.
5. Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected.
Note: Choosing Other Calendars will allow you to copy and paste the scheduled meeting information such as date, time, and meeting URL into an email that you may send to invitees.
6. Add to calendar
7. After you are done setting up your Scheduled meeting, Click the Schedule icon at the lower right-hand side of the window.
Conducting the examination
At the point-of-care:
1. Open your dedicated Zoom application on the EVA Devie.
2. Click "Start Meeting" and ensure that the "video on" tab is on.
(The first time you will do this you will be asked to allow Zoom access to the camera of the EVA System.)
3. Tap Share in the meeting controls.
4. Tap Screen
5. Tap Start Now.
8. Tap on the EVA App to start the examination.
9. Note that the audio will be turned on, to improve patient interaction and understanding during the exam.
10. At this point, the mentor will have logged onto the Zoom system.
11. At the bottom of your screen, you will have the option to open the annotation tools or stop the share. If you stop the share, you will be taken back to the Zoom app.
11.1. Zoom has turned on the capability for remote experts to now also be able to annotate on the shared screen of the exam.
There are two ways of annotating :
- Annotating at the point of care
Click the link below to see the short video -
- Annotating as the expert
a. Point of care provider shares the screen for Exam b. For a remote expert to draw, they should move their mouse to the top of the shared screen and select "View Options"
c. From the drop-down menu select "Annotate", the drawing bar appears for highlight, pen, eraser, etc.
12. Confirm that the mentor is able to see the exam before and hear you before inserting the speculum.
13. Continue the exam as normal.
14. The mentee will be able to show the mentor with your tools the different areas on the cervix and colposcopy findings.
15. To end the exam, return to the zoom meeting to end the video call.
16. The length of the exam, the mentor, and the device they joined from will be saved in the Zoom audit logs.
17. Take any necessary steps for follow-up and for patient counseling and education.