Connecting the phone to the blue-tooth foot pedal
If you are using the EVA System for sexual assault examinations, you can use the EVA System with a blue-tooth foot pedal to enable a hands-free examination.
For providers using the EVA System for Colposcopy and cervical cancer screenings, an alternative hands-free capture method is provided (see capturing images hands-free in the following pages).
TO CONNECT THE FOOT PEDAL PROVIDED THROUGH MOBILEODT FOR THE EVA SYSTEM (THE CICADA FOOT PEDAL BY PAGEFLIP) FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Turn on the phone by pressing firmly on the power button located on the top/right corner of the phone.
2. Unlock the phone by lightly sliding your finger upward on the screen.
3. Press the app drawer on the main screen.
4. Locate the Settings button and tap on it.
5. Locate “Bluetooth” and tap on it.
6. Turn on “Bluetooth” if it is off.
7. Turn on the foot pedal by moving the button marked “Power” on the far left from to “On.”
8. Locate the button at the front of the Pedal labeled “Reset”. Press it and the front lights will flash.
9. On the Bluetooth screen wait for “Dual Pedal” to appear.
10. If it does not appear after 30 seconds, tap on “Scan”.
Using the foot-pedal in a session
1. Turn on the Pedal.
2. Click on the right bottom on the foot pedal.
3. Turn on the phone. The pedal will pair automatically pair with the phone. Then, enter the EVA System App (CervDx).
4. Once in the EVA System App (CervDx), proceed to the Visualization screen.
5. To test that the pedal is working, tap the left pedal once with your foot to highlight the title bar.
6. All future LEFT pedal taps will cause image capture and RIGHT pedal taps will zoom in/out.